Tetris is no doubt a classic that gamers of all ages will fondly remember, the older of which (myself included) probably had to visit rehab to unwrap their palms from the controller after an intense session of cube stacking.
Today, Ubisoft have announced that not only is Tetris back, but that Tetris Ultimate will be released on the Nintendo 3DS! Hitting stores and e-stores on November the 11th and 14th respectively.
So whats new? Well, apart from a fresh lick of paint, six modes to enjoy and the chance to clash head on with put to 3 mates, Tetris Ultimate will also come packing an exclusive single player challenge mode, sure to set your thumbs on fire!
Here's a full run down of modes you'll find in Tetris Ultimate:
- Marathon – Complete level 15 and rack up as many points as you can.
- Endless – Keep clearing lines until your stamina runs out!
- Ultra – Race to score as many points possible before time runs out in this three-minute challenge.
- Sprint – Clear 40 lines as quickly as you can.
- Battle – Go head-to-head to knock out 1-4 challengers.
- Battle Ultimate – Be the last person playing after using crazy power-ups! Go on the offensive with Carouseland make your opponent’s Well shift to the left after each move, or trigger Let it Rain and dump garbage down on top of them. Buzz Saw helps you out by clearing away a number of your lines, especially useful when you’re in a spot of trouble.
- Challenge – With four mode variants, be ready for a variety of challenges that will put any player’s determination to the test:
- Master - The Tetriminos drop instantly and appear at the bottom.
- Rotation Lock – The orientation of the Tetriminos are random and you cannot rotate them.
- Escalation – As the game levels up, you’ll have to clear more lines
- Invisible – The Tetriminos become invisible as they drop to the bottom.
If you haven't got a 3DS, shame on you!
Luckily though, Ubisoft are a tad more forgiving and will be releasing Tetris Ultimate on the Xbox One, PS4, PS Vita and PC in the winter!