The Sims 4 has been out for a while now, and I have to admit that I've sunk way more time than I should happily admit into building the perfect life for my digital self. While I've enjoyed my time in Simolia (that's what I named the town) I have to admit that the lack of pools is starting to weigh heavy on my soul!
Thankfully, it seems like the gods of Simolia have listened to my prayers. Well, Maxis have anyway. In a post on the Sims Blog, Executive Producer Rachel Franklin explained plans for a long line of updates that will be available to all EA Origins members, absolutely free!
Starting right now and running all the way through to December, the following updates will be available to all players.
• October brings the spoooooky addition of Ghosts to The Sims 4. Your dead Sims can now rejoin the world of the living, where they maintain all the attributes they had as a Sim, but with special new behaviors based on how they died. Invite them to join your Sims’ household and they can be playable characters; if you dare, you might even find a way to bring your ghosts back to life.
• Did you feel that disturbance in The Force? It was probably our new Star Wars Costume Set. Outfit your Sims in Luke Skywalker’s X-wing pilot suit, Leia’s white robes and awesome cinnamon buns, Darth Vader’s suit and, yes, even Yoda. I mean, who out there hasn’t dressed as Yoda for Halloween, right? Now you can in The Sims 4, too!
• Community requests like new eye colors are in there, too. I have personally just given all my Sims purple eyes. Because I can. We’ve also fixed a few minor bugs as well.
Next come two more major updates:
• In November, get your Sim-suits ready (too much pun? Sorry!) because pools will make their triumphant debut in The Sims 4.
• December is Put-Your-Sims-To-Work Month, as we introduce new Career paths and rewards.
Franklin went on to thank the fans (that's us!) for their support and general community vibe!
"Our players are just the best. Period. I can’t tell you how much I enjoy seeing so many creations from The Sims 4 shared in The Gallery, in forums and streams on Twitch. One of my recent faves is Deligracy’s speed build video of the “Not so Dusty Turf” Family Home. The details and her commentary are spectacular (whispers to Deligracy: I’ve also glued eyes onto cactus plants to make them look like people too). This is why all of us working on The Sims 4 just love making this game – the creativity that comes to life in our community is like nothing else. Please keep showing us more, we can’t get enough."
Head on over to the blog here for more details and check out the trailer below for a glimpse at the new ghosts available to you!
Seriously though, who's excited for the Star Wars costumes? JUST ME?!?!